10 October, 2011

Moose lamp shade

This is a Moose lamp shade that I designed and made last year. The wall base is an old sconce from the early 1960's. It has a glass hurricane-style globe underneath my shade. The shade is made from craft paper with acrylic painting and leather trim. I free-hand drew the moose and background, and laced the edges with the leather trim. For safety, I left the glass hurricane globe underneath. The old sconce belonged to my late step-father. What do you all think of my creation?

2 comments:

  1. I think you did an awesome job, Danice. It's a great idea for a hurricane lamp. And, the best part is you have
    something special you've done with a family heirloom.
    Warm Regards,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job girl! I wouldn't even attempt free hand. I really like the stitching around the top and bottom... it really adds to the cabin feel.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. However, due to spam and soliciting attempts, any comment unrelated to this blog's theme and/or containing a link to another site/blog will not be approved. If you comment in a language other than English, one that the meaning cannot be easily translated, that will also not be published. Thank you for understanding.