Sunday, December 23, 2012

*Green corduroy jumper*

The jumper pictured above is what I made for my grand daughter Macey's Christmas. The jumper and turtleneck are Simplicity #5317. The jumper is green cotton corduroy, fully lined in green cotton broadcloth. The turtleneck is cotton interlock. The leggings are Simplicity #1724, and are also cotton interlock with French seams. At first, I looked for striped knee socks, only to find out that stores rarely have knee socks any more. Wow, it really has been a while since I have shopped for children's clothing, lol! The headband and flower are my own pattern. Notice the little snowman applique on the lower left of the jumper; that is from a free ornie pattern from: Tolen Treasures. I also made the pink and white polka dot padded hanger for my darling Macey. This took me forever, lol! Arthritis does slow a person down. It was also not easy to find any green corduroy or the black and white striped cotton interlock fabric. Ebay and Hancock Fabrics saved the day, though. Do you all think Macey will like these gifts? Simplicity 5317 is kinda complicated, with the applique, full lining, and back zipper fastener. Simplicity 1724 requires sewing with knit fabrics, so both patterns will be rated:

Advanced


~Linking-up with: Funky Junk Interiors' Link Party: crafts, sewing & cooking~



Danice G.

9 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's adorable and I know she will love it! Enjoy your day! Merry Christmas!

Jessica said...

That is a darling outfit! I'm sure she is going to love it. I know my daughter would love it. Love the green corduroy!

Merry Christmas!

BumbleBeeLane said...

She will look adorable in that outfit! Warm Blessings!~Amy

JoAnn SweetPepperRose said...

Danice, this little jumper is adorable and corduroy is so warm, I love it! Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Your granddaughter is going to look so cute!!! I love the little outfit you made for her.
Merry Christmas

Fran. said...

Hi Danice!! Your grandaughter is sure gonna be blessed!! I wanted to stop by and say thank you for my ornie from Amy's homespun swap!! A bit late I know but at first I couldn't post pics to my blog for a long time got that fixed and then I ended up in the hospital with pnemounia!! But I am better now and just wanted to let you know I love my candy cane!! You are a very talented sewer!! I love the leggins!! Thanks so much again!! XOXO Fran.

Denise * KKL Primitives said...

Adorable!!! I'm sure Macey will LOVE it :)
Merry Christmas Danice!

My Colonial Home said...

Your granddaughter is going to love this dress
adorable.
Merry Christmas to you and your family Danice
Karen

Pendleton Primitives said...

Danice the jumper is adorable! Love it!
Happy New Year!
~Christina