14 February, 2015

♥ Valentine's Day 2015 gifts ♥

Happy Valentine's Day to you all. Every year, I make gifts for my daughter and her family. This year includes the red pillow pictured above. It features a heart shape made-up of many white and clear hand-sewn buttons. The fabric is a heavy duck in bright red. Many thanks to Kindra of: At Home With K for the link to this free pattern. Sending thanks to Tonya of: More Prim Than Proper [invited readers only blog] for the cute pattern. 'Want to see what fun things I made for my granddaughter? Follow the link below my signature.
Here are the purse and doll quilt for my granddaughter. The purse is Simplicity 1475, and is made of a pale pink corduroy. The doll quilt is made of Valentine's cotton fabrics, and is stitched in-the-ditch. The purse's bow is the same hearts fabric as the quilt. Do you all think Amanda and Macey will like their gifts?

5 comments:

  1. Oh Danice they are so cute! They will love them! Happy Valentine's day to you!
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just became a Follower. I love the dresses you make for your granddaughter! I hate the modern trend for dressing little girls as mini adults. Your granddaughter is a lucky little girl to have a talented seamstress for a grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What sweet fabric for your little quilt and purse! I'm sure she liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great use of buttons. Since we treasure them, we might as well show them off.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. However, due to spam and soliciting attempts, any comment unrelated to this blog's theme and/or containing a link to another site/blog will not be approved. If you comment in a language other than English, one that the meaning cannot be easily translated, that will also not be published. Thank you for understanding.