Saturday, February 14, 2015

♥ Valentine's Day 2015 gifts ♥

Happy Valentine's Day to you all. Every year, I make gifts for my daughter and her family. This year includes the red pillow pictured above. It features a heart shape made-up of many white and clear hand-sewn buttons. The fabric is a heavy duck in bright red. Many thanks to Kindra of: At Home With K for the link to this free pattern. Sending thanks to Tonya of: More Prim Than Proper [invited readers only blog] for the cute pattern. Please continue reading to see another gift.

Here are the purse and doll quilt for my granddaughter. The purse is Simplicity 1475, and is made of a pale pink corduroy. The doll quilt is made of Valentine's cotton fabrics, and is stitched in-the-ditch. The purse's bow is the same hearts fabric as the quilt. Do you all think Amanda and Macey will like their gifts?

Danice G.

5 comments:

Cindi said...

Oh Danice they are so cute! They will love them! Happy Valentine's day to you!
Cindi

Raymond Homestead said...

Cute cute Danice!

The Civil War Quilter said...

I just became a Follower. I love the dresses you make for your granddaughter! I hate the modern trend for dressing little girls as mini adults. Your granddaughter is a lucky little girl to have a talented seamstress for a grandma.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

What sweet fabric for your little quilt and purse! I'm sure she liked it.

Marcy said...

What a great use of buttons. Since we treasure them, we might as well show them off.