Saturday, September 26, 2015

Confederate Rose quilt block

I have been quilting for a short time, only just over one year. A block that I had been thinking of attempting is a kinda complicated one. Well, pictured above is my first try. The block pattern is historical, and this version is from Barbara at Civil War Quilts Blog: Confederate Rose quilt block. The center square is from her fabric collection Civil War Reunion, and is fussy cut. The 4 outer corners are from her Ladies' Album collection. Traditionally, the colors chosen for this block were reds, pinks, and white. So, what do you think should be done once more blocks are completed? A small lap quilt or table runner? A wall hanging? Prim quilting blessings.


Danice G.

1 comment:

Laura Rhodes said...

Hi Danice! Everything looks wonderful! I need to get to my big pile of alterations during the slow time hopefully soon. I'm just trying to get through some last festivals in Oct. but with all this rain, I don't know if I'll be going Sat. I'm not trying to hang out in the storm....Don't like this iffy weather...Basement already flooded with all this rain. Hope you are doing well and keep up the great work. Blessings, Laura R.