Monday, October 19, 2015

Lovey Giraffes crib quilt

Good morning friends. The crib quilt pictured above was truly a labor of love. It took me several months to complete this quilt for a friend's baby shower. Since it was started before my friend and her husband knew boy or girl, this allowed me plenty of time to get it completed. They have since announced that they are having a boy.


Mother, my twin sister and I all chipped-in on the cost, and I made the quilt to be from us all. It measures 40"X42", and is made of all 100% cotton fabrics. The batting is Warm&White©, which is really a fave of mine. The pattern is called Lovey Giraffes, and was purchased from Frivolous Necessity's Etsy shop here: Lovey Giraffes Quilt Pattern.

This pattern is simply adorable, and works well for a boy or a girl. Actually, the pattern calls for 10 appliquéd giraffes, but I cut mine out a bit too large so could fit only 8 on the quilt. The backing fabric is avocado green with tiny white dots, and the binding is double-layer solid white. Being still new to quilting, I chose the meandering style for the quilting stitches. The baby shower was yesterday, and the parents do love this quilt. Prim quilting blessings.

Danice G.

2 comments:

Denise * KKL Primitives said...

This baby quilt is ADORABLE!! I love it!

Twin Creek Primitives said...

WOW! This is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! What an amazing job! I still have yet to tackle a larger quilting project like this... I usually stick to table runners and toppers. LOL I am working on a lap quilt but it's taking longer than I anticipated. Again, beautiful job!