Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Westering Women quilt blocks

Hello friends. I have been working on blocks for the Westering Women QAL at: Civil War Quilts Blog. The block pictured above is for February (Indian Territory). If you love Civil war era quilting and history, you will love Civil War Quilts Blog.
Here is the January block (Independence Square). My colorway was originally going to be red, white and blue... Now looks like it will also include other colors.

~Linking-up with: Confessions of a Fabric Addict ~

5 comments:

Teresa said...

Oh I love it !

Ruth said...

I was just thinking I needed to check out the Civil War blog for the next block! Very nice! And I think other colors can go with RW&B blocks. I'm also doing RW&B. I will go there now and get the directions.

Mary said...

Nice blocks. I had to pass on this one. I notice you have stitched all around the blocks. is that to help keep the seams from unraveling?

Danice G said...

Thank you all. Yes, Mary, the stitching around the blocks helps keep them from unraveling. With the Start in a Time Warp, I had trouble with blocks trying to unravel.

Sarah Craig said...

Lovely blocks, Danice! Thanks for linking up to the scrappy challenge!!