Saturday, April 23, 2016

Westering Women: Sweet Gum Leaf

Hello all. Here is my latest quilt block in Civil War Quilts' Westering Women BOM. Mine is sewn with one of Barbara Brackman's latest repro fabric collections Old Cambridge Pike [leaf], and Jo Morton's Toasted [background] and Elizabethtown [stem] collections. You know me, there will be a lot of shades of green in my quilt, lol. The y-seam is a bit difficult for me, having been quilting only about 2 years. Somehow, (with some seam ripping), 'finally got this block completed. Decided to do quilt-as-you-go is why you can see borders around this block. This BOM is only one block per month, so that allows plenty of time for getting one completed. It is always so much fun to see everyone's blocks. Head on over to the blog and the Flickr page to see a lot more blocks. Links are on this blog's left sidebar.


Blessings, Danice G.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Looks great Danice ! I like it !

Cathy said...

I like your block. I gave up on the Y seams and finished mine a different way. Hugs

cityquilter grace said...

looks terrific! i have not made mine yet....