Thursday, December 22, 2016

Christmas gift for twin sister

Good morning friends. How is holiday decorating/preparing going? Ours is finally almost completed. My twin sister loves cats, so the wall hanging quilt pictured above is perfect for her. It is a pattern by Caroline Kearney, called This Flower Is For You, and is from a purchased book. The designer states that she loves the interplay of black and white, and that it inspired this pattern. Mine finished at 26 1/2" X 23", and features all-over meandering machine quilting. The appliques are also machine stitched. On the back are two corner pockets all ready for a wooden dowel (included) to hang the quilt on the wall. To see the back, with it's pieced backing, continue reading.

~Linking-up with Kelly at: My Quilt Infatuation: Needle & Thread Thursday~

~Linking-up with Sarah at: Can I Get A Whoop Whoop?~


Here is the pieced backing on the This Flower Is For You wall quilt. 'Used some of the fabrics from the front of the quilt. My custom "sewn by" label is on the right side. I love to make "hand did" gifts for family members, especially with themes that they love. Prim holiday blessings.

Danice G.

3 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh, is is beautiful and she will love it! I'm showing off my goodies that you made on my blog today! Holiday hugs, Diane

Denise * KKL Primitives said...

Your sister will love her wall hanging - it's beautifully done!

Barefoot Primitives said...

Great quilt - Merry Christmas!
Blessings
Debbie