Sunday, February 5, 2017

Civil War Quilts' Yankee Diary QAL: blocks #1


Good morning everyone. I am participating on the Yankee Diary QAL at: Civil War Quilts Blog. Pictured above is one of the two blocks for month 1, January. This appliqued quilt block is called the New York Rose. My chosen colorway is navy, mustard and cream/beige. Well, plus a bit of dark red as well. The fabrics are all from my stash. Be sure to go check-out this fun QAL. There will be a new block(s) posted every month. There is also a Flickr group. Please continue reading for more info.

Here is the 2nd block for January: an appliqued "Liberty" block. Yes, many worries that my machine zig-zag appliqueing would not look good enough. Hopefully it does look OK, lol. The block lettering is in navy on a beige background. The font is a free one called Nashville. Modified a bit to ease the stitching. Do you ever do any applique in your sewing/quilting projects?

Danice G.

4 comments:

Goatldi said...

How much fun! I just finished my very first scrap quilt. I have been quilting for about 35 years and yes this is a first for me. Love the fabrics in the jelly roll and will look forward to seeing your blocks each month.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Earthly paradise...doesn't that sound amazing! And it has some gorgeous warm colors! Love the design you are working on now my friend. Quilts...oh how I love them! Enjoy your day sweet friend. Hugs, Diane

Kelly @ Homespuns 'n Hayfields said...

Beautiful colors. I wish I could quilt, everyone makes it sound so easy.

Danice G said...

Thank you all. I am so far behind on actually quilting and binding many quilt tops. 'Actually have a completed quilt top with the Morris Earthly Paradise. Hopefully as more QAL blocks from Yankee Diary come, I won't get too far behind.