Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Trail Tote is completed!

Finally, the Trail Tote is completed! The applique is in celebration of the recent Solar Eclipse, and is my own addition. The pattern is by: Noodlehead, and is available in small or large sizes. This is the small size. In this area we got only a Partial Eclipse, and that narrow "grin" of sunshine was all that was visible to us at the Solar Eclipse's fullest moment. There is a zippered pocket on the exterior, a great place to add a decorative zipper pull! That ornate oval slider had been in my stash for years, so now it is put to use. Bright yellow piping decorates the outer edges of this Trail Tote. The interfacing is Pellon® Decor Bond 809®. The finished dimensions are 10"W X 10 1/2"H X 1 1/2"D. Trail Tote is an easy to construct bag, with detailed instructions. Plus, there is plenty of room inside for all of those necessities. To see the inside, please continue reading.

~Linking-up with: Elm Street Quilts Bag It 2017~


~celebrating National Sewing Month~




Here is the inside of the Trail Tote. There is a slip pocket with a Velcro® fastener, and a magnetic snap closure. Chevron is not my favorite design, but it does seem to work for this lining. In fact, now I kind of like it.

Danice G.

12 comments:

Lady Jane said...

This is adorable!!! like the design very much. Hugs, LJ

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Easy and cute! Right up my alley! As soon as I saw: Trail Tote I had to click and take a look. It's the perfect size for outside adventures that's for sure. Thanks for the link to the pattern.

bethsraggedyatticprims said...

Ouu!! Hi, Danice , I like that tote , very well done, looks great, Have a good one,

Danice G said...

Oh thank you all so much. The Solar Eclipse is a bit different, but I will actually use this bag :)

Patty said...

Great way to remember the eclipse. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts Bag It event!

Danice G said...

You are welcome Patty. 'So much fun it is :)

LA Paylor said...

Hi Danice... remember asking to win the giveaway quilting books? You're the winner... send me your home address, my email is on my blog along the side. (Leeannaqui...etc...) and I'll send your books plus some!
bonus!
LeeAnna at Not afraid of Color

chrisknits said...

What a cute bag and great memory of the eclipse!

Danice G said...

Thank you so much Chris :)

Danice G said...

Wonderful, and thank you LeeAnna. Emailing you in a sec :)

Sandra :) said...

Oh my, do I ever like that bag! The eclipse applique is such a fun addition!

Danice G said...

Thank you Sandra. The eclipse did turn-out like I had planned. Sometimes my "ideas" don't, lol.