Thursday, November 23, 2017

Allegory Story fabrics: Campfire Messenger Bag

Happy Thanksgiving to you all. This is another handbag made from a pattern by: Noodlehead. It is called the Campfire Messenger, and has plenty of room for carrying everything. Those two front pleated pockets with snap fasteners caught my eye immediately. Inside are a slip pocket and a zippered pocket. On the back is another slip pocket. There is a zipper across the top opening, which was a bit challenging for me. Cute zipper pulls add to the style. The interfacing is Pellon® Decor Bond 809®. Continue reading for more info and to comment.



Notice on the inside photo, to the left, I also added a key ring leash. No more fumbling for keys, lol. This bag's dimensions are: 9 1/2" W X 11 1/2" H X 2 1/2" D. Those luscious eclectic fabrics are from the Allegory Story collection by Carrie Bloomston for Windham Fabrics. Overall, this bag project was a success. I had purchased the fabrics a year ago, with a gift certificate that I had won from Carole at From My Carolina Home blog. 'Was about time the fabrics were used, right? Do you make any bags/purses?

~Linking-up with: Elm Street Quilts Bag It 2017~


Danice G.

8 comments:

Gene Black said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Danice G said...

Thank you Gene. It is sunny but cold here in northwest Alabama.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

You did a fabulous job!! Great choices on the fabrics!

Danice G said...

Thank you Carole. The bag pattern was a bit difficult for a beginner purse-maker, but I got it finished. Oh, yes there was ripping-out, lol. The pattern is excellent, it was me who is a bit novice :)

Patty said...

Great looking bag! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts Bag It.

Danice G said...

Thank you Patty. Bag It is really a lot of fun :)

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

Your bag is great! I have this pattern and haven't made it yet. I thought the snaps how they closed seemed a bit too fiddly to get into the bag, so I was going to make some changes whenever I get around to making the Campfire Messenger. I want to thank you for all of your nice comments on my blog Danice. They always end up in my Spam though and because you must have Google+ you are a no-reply, so I don't have your email to respond to you. Since Blogger is a Google program you would think there wouldn't be so many issues with the email and no-reply, well that's why I never wanted Google+. Just thought you should know I do read your comments and thank you for them.

Danice G said...

Thank you Daryl. The snaps weren't too difficult to do, and I had worried about them too. I am a No Reply Blogger for internet safety reasons. It is not safe to have your email address displayed online or anywhere else for all to see. Being a No Reply isn't caused by Google+. It is a choice. I have always been a No Reply, many years before joining Google+. That's odd that my comments get marked as spam..., 'never heard that before. Thank you for telling me though. I appreciate your comments on my blog also :)