Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Home State Pillow: AL

There is such a cute tutorial over at Kelly's My Quilt Infatuation: Home State Pillow. Since Alabama is my home state, here is the completed pillow. The state and heart are machine-stitched zig-zag and the "home" applique is raw-edge machine stitched. The front is quilted and machine-stitched with allover meandering. There is black piping trim around the edges. The fabrics are 100% cotton scraps. This pillow finishes at 18" X 18 1/2", as Alabama is kinda vertical shaped. To see the back of the pillow, please continue reading.

~Linking-up with Kelly at: My Quilt Infatuation: Needle & Thread Thursday~



Here is the back of my Home State Alabama pillow. The opening is an envelope-style for ease in adding the pillow form. Although not a favorite, I guess the black and white zebra print works for this project, lol. Have you made a home state pillow yet?

Danice G.

8 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

This pillow very cute! Great idea. Janice

Heidi said...

I Love this! Fun gift idea too,

Janice Holton said...

Love that tutorial! And your state turned out great! It is on my list of Christmas gifts to make so please send me good motivational vibes to get these done! :D

Danice G said...

Oh thank you all. I am also pleased with the result. On her blog, Kelly gives a well-written tutorial on making the pillow. You can do it in one day :)

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

Danice, your pillow turned out super cute! I'm so glad you enjoyed the tutorial. Thank you so much for linking it up to Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Danice G said...

You are welcome Kelly. The pillow design is super cute.

pcpetunia said...

Your pillow turned out great! i live in Alabama also and was wondering what the state of Alabama would look like :) now i must make one - or a few.

Danice G said...

Thank you Linda. I struggled a bit with AL being vertical-shaped, but it turned out OK. 'Hoping you make an AL pillow also.