Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Humble Quilts' Doll Quilt Swap 2016

Participated again this year in the Doll Quilt Swap hosted by Lori at Humble Quilts Blog. Pictured above is the adorable quilt that my partner: Cathy of: Big Lake Quilter , made for me. Isn't it perfect? The fabrics and pattern are all gorgeous. The log cabin is one of my favorite patterns. Cathy hand-quilted this adorable doll quilt. She also sent some much-needed quilt clips, a pair of metal snippers, and a darling quilt pattern. Sending many thanks to Cathy. Be sure to visit and follow her blog. To see the doll quilt that I made for Grace, keep reading.

Here is the doll quilt that I made for Grace of: City Mouse Quilter Blog. It is the traditional stacked coins pattern that was popular during Civil War times. Our quilts had to be made using repro Civil War era fabrics. The last photo is of two extra gifts for Grace. The church doll wears a white eyelet dress and bonnet. The monogrammed pin keep is a free pattern designed by Kathy Schmitz Studio.blogspot.com. Be sure to visit and follow Grace's blog, as she is an excellent quilter. Sending thanks to Lori at: Humble Quilts Blog for hosting this wonderful doll quilt swap. Be sure to visit and follow her blog as well, as she is another excellent quilter.

Danice G.

9 comments:

Mary said...

I am glad you got your Quilt wekk before the deadline for mailing. It's been fun to see all the cute ones on Facebook. Mine should be here soon. It is travelling from UK. That Church doll dress is very cute!

Denise * KKL Primitives said...

Both doll quilts are just beautiful!
I absolutely LOVE your church doll (is that your pattern?) Where can I get it? Your pincushion turned out lovely, thank you for including the link to the pattern!

Danice G said...

Thank you Mary and Denise. The church doll, I just "winged it" and drew her out on muslin. Her eyelet dress is just a rectangle gathered at the neckline. Her bonnet is another rectangle, with one short end hemmed. Then, a ribbon tied around her neck/bonnet :)

cityquilter grace said...

you got a very pretty little quilt as well danice!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How nice! I know I should learn to quilt by starting with a doll quilt! Wish you were close to me to get me started! I love what you received and I know how talented you are too my friend. The quilt you made is beautiful and the little church doll is adorable! Enjoy your weekend! Hugs, Diane

Lori said...

Both of them are so sweet! Love a log cabin quilt and the extras- bonus!

Anonymous said...

What delightful swap quilts... love them both!!! Darling little pincushion :))

AnnieO said...

Gorgeous doll quilts. Your extras are wonderful.

Sue said...

Both the quilt you made and the quilt you received are lovely Danice. Isn't this a fun way to connect with like minded people.
Thank you for commenting on my blog.