Friday, March 17, 2017

Westering Women QAL quilt top completed!

Finally, I have completed my Westering Women QAL quilt top. This was a fun QAL hosted by: Civil War Quilts Blog in 2016. The setting is also a suggestion from the blog, and is called The Way West. Notice the arrows all point to compass west. Of course green was chosen for the arrows, lol, my favorite color. The beige just seems to be a good neutral color to use. My quilt top finishes at 72"X84", and hopefully will have quilting and binding soon. Stay tuned to see that. There is also a Flickr group for this QAL (see the white tab link to the left of this blog's header). There you can see many other people's blocks and quilts, including mine. To see a close-up view of this quilt top, follow the link below my signature. Prim blessings to you all.

Here is a close-up view of my Westering Women Way West quilt top setting. Yes, it took me so long to complete this, lol. What color binding would you use? Dark green or beige?

2 comments:

Paige said...

Beautiful blocks and nice setting! I think I would go with a green binding!

Danice G said...

Thank you Paige. Green is my favorite color. Quilting that top is really going to require a lot of time, lol. The QAL was really fun + educational.