Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Another doll-sized quilt

This is a photo of the 2nd doll-sized quilt that I have sewn. This pattern is called Garden Gate, and is a free pattern by: Eleanor Burns' Quilt In A Day. This one has been re-sized, and is 15"X15" square. The fabrics are 100% cottons in soft pastel shades. Do you recognize the pretty yellow floral print, from the Secret Garden Precious dress? The binding corners are squared. I am still learning how to make nice, sharp flying geese points. Do you have trouble with that also? One great tip is to sew the flying geese squares beginning and ending 1/4" from the corners. This helps them to fold easier and correctly when adding the border or binding.


Blessings, Danice G.

3 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I sew a lot but I've never made a quilt. I should start with a doll sized quilt....my dollies need one! lol Enjoy your day my friend and thanks for all your help with coffee staining tips! Sweet hugs, Diane

Trace4J said...

Great job.
I love making little quilts.
I call mine prim since they are never perfect.
Yours looks wonderful
Woolie Hugs

Sheila said...

Pretty color combination. You are leaps and bounds ahead of me in the quilting department. One of these days I hope to have the time to learn. Admire everyone's talent who does quilt.
Hope you are enjoying some wonderful weather.
Blessings,
Sheila