Thursday, November 5, 2015

Ohio Star lap quilt

Good morning to you all. Quilting is so fun. Pictured above is actually one of the first lap quilts that I attempted just over a year ago. It measures 30" X 30", and is made-up of scraps from my stash. 'Thought the Ohio Star would be an easier block to learn on. This lap quilt was for my mother for Christmas 2014. Originally, there was only stitch-in-the-ditch quilting, as I had no darning foot plus no knowledge then of how to machine quilt. So, 'went back yesterday and removed the binding, then added meandering quilting, and added the binding again. Whoo, but so very worth the time. Do you all ever make lap quilts?

~Linking-up with: #Quilt Shop Gal's Creative Goodness Link Party~



Blessings, Danice G.

2 comments:

QuiltShopGal said...

Truly a gorgeous quilt. I think you did a fantastic job and I'm totally blown away this was one of your first lap quilts. You are a natural! Personally, I love lap quilts. Great for snuggling and perfect size to make for home, as well as gifts. Everyone needs a lap quilt to cuddle up with. Total #CreativeGoodness. Thanks for sharing.

QuiltShopGal
www.quiltshopgal.com

Sharmond said...

Great first lap quilt! Most of the quilts I have made are baby quilts or smaller than bed quilts. I finally finished two bed quilts, so now I can say I have made bigger quilts. I do a lot more thinking of quilting and getting inspiration from blogs than I do actually quilting as I still work full time. But, one day I, too, hope to have more time for quilting. It is very fun for me, too!