10 July, 2016

Amanda's birthday purse

My lovely daughter's birthday was 29th June, and the purse pictured above was part of her gifts. I made it from a New Look pattern from 2004. It is #6435. The fabric is upholstery grade, and is lime with grey and white accents. 'Added a magnetic closure on a tab that the pattern does not call for. This does seem to modernize the pattern for today's age, doesn't it? A local shop monogrammed the initial "A" in my daughter's favorite color, pink. Inside the purse is fully lined, including a smart phone pocket and a keys pocket. The pattern also called for round wooden handles, but the shoulder strap is a feature that my daughter likes on her purses. Yes, she does love this purse. Have you ever made a purse or tote? They are fun, and make nice gifts.

3 comments:

  1. The purse is lovely! You did a great job on it as usual. Yes, I have made many purses for myself. I like to make them because they are lighter in weight than a leather purse and once I put all my junk inside, a leather purse gets rather heavy. I always make them to hang on my shoulder too - I don't care for wooden handles. I am always checking out purse patterns, but don't want to pay $8 or $9 for one. I have some patterns I like and may make another purse from one of those patterns. I have also made purses that I didn't like at all, so I might as well donate them or try to sell them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely purse ! Love the fabric you chose !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being able to sew and create a personal gift is such a blessing. I love the way you have added a magnetic closure and shoulder straps and her initial in her favorite color. I have sewn lots of purses and totes in my days. I never grow tired or have too many of them. Embracing Creative Bliss...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. However, due to spam and soliciting attempts, any comment unrelated to this blog's theme and/or containing a link to another site/blog will not be approved. If you comment in a language other than English, one that the meaning cannot be easily translated, that will also not be published. Thank you for understanding.