Sunday, July 10, 2016

Amanda's birthday purse

My lovely daughter's birthday was 29th June, and the purse pictured above was part of her gifts. I made it from a New Look pattern from 2004. It is #6435. The fabric is upholstery grade, and is lime with grey and white accents. 'Added a magnetic closure on a tab that the pattern does not call for. This does seem to modernize the pattern for today's age, doesn't it? A local shop monogrammed the initial "A" in my daughter's favorite color, pink. Inside the purse is fully lined, including a smart phone pocket and a keys pocket. The pattern also called for round wooden handles, but the shoulder strap is a feature that my daughter likes on her purses. Yes, she does love this purse. Have you ever made a purse or tote? They are fun, and make nice gifts.

3 comments:

Ruth said...

The purse is lovely! You did a great job on it as usual. Yes, I have made many purses for myself. I like to make them because they are lighter in weight than a leather purse and once I put all my junk inside, a leather purse gets rather heavy. I always make them to hang on my shoulder too - I don't care for wooden handles. I am always checking out purse patterns, but don't want to pay $8 or $9 for one. I have some patterns I like and may make another purse from one of those patterns. I have also made purses that I didn't like at all, so I might as well donate them or try to sell them.

Teresa said...

What a lovely purse ! Love the fabric you chose !

Createology said...

Being able to sew and create a personal gift is such a blessing. I love the way you have added a magnetic closure and shoulder straps and her initial in her favorite color. I have sewn lots of purses and totes in my days. I never grow tired or have too many of them. Embracing Creative Bliss...