Wednesday, May 17, 2017

The Splendid Sampler™ QAL: first challenge winner!

Wow, recently I participated in a QAL at: The Splendid Sampler, hosted by Pat Sloan. I made a 30-block small quilt top. There were a total of 100 blocks + some extra blocks available to sew. For the first challenge, I made a pin cushion of one of the blocks, and won the wonderful book pictured above. How cool is that? Thank you so much, Pat. To see the pin cushion that I made, follow the link below my signature.

Here is the pin cushion that I made for the challenge. The block is called Sewing Machine, designed by Pat Sloan. So fun to make, and very useful. Be sure to visit: The Splendid Sampler as well as: Pat's website/blog. Prim quilting blessings.


Danice G.

4 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a cute pincushion! It's fun to do a challenge and see what everyone comes up with. Enjoy your day sweet friend. Lots of hugs!

Raewyn said...

Congratulations on your win, a lovely looking book and a lovely pin cushion. I never even started the SS in spite of my best intentions but I have enjoyed seeing the different versions around internet land :-)

Danice G said...

Thank you Diane and Raewyn. I did not complete all 100+ Splendid Sampler blocks, but enjoyed the ones that I did sew. Now to get that small SS quilt quilted... :)

Mary said...

Congrats on the WIN. I haven't even made one of the Splendid Blocks. I printed a bunch out. I have two other 6" Samplers in the works already.