Wednesday, December 27, 2017

New baby and blogging themes

Hello everyone. Guess what- we have a new baby girl! Lydia arrived on 22 December, and she is adorable. Recall the diaper bag, crib quilt and clothes/sandals that I made for her baby shower. Mother (my niece), father and baby are all doing well. What a blessing for the holidays.

Just curious. What do you all think of the four new themes that Blogger created for us back in the Spring? Contempo, Emporio, Notable, and Soho. I have noticed a few bloggers are using some of those themes, mostly Soho. That is the one that I really do love. It is so modern, clean and seems to be very SEO optimized.

One thing, though, makes me hesitate. What do you all think of the sidebar being hidden under the upper left "hamburger" icon? 'Looks like a square with three horizontal lines inside of it, kinda like a burger hence the nickname. It does not hover "menu", so some people actually do not know what that symbol is nor it's function (opening the sidebar). 'Wish it were simply a text link "menu" or "sidebar". I have been looking at Soho via my unpublished "sample tester" blog, and loving it a lot. Any of your thoughts will be welcomed. Please vote on right sidebar poll.

Oh, and the commenting situation is improving. Thank you all who did and still are marking the comments as Not S*** in your Blogger dashboards. We all need to help each other, as this is the way to train filters to not mark our comments as S*** in the first place. A bit of caution, never include any links in a comment form, as S*** filters will eventually flag it (you). Remember my Word of 2017? Patience? This is a true test, lol. Prim Winter blessings.
baby graphic: Primsy Doodle Designs


Danice G.

7 comments:

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Congrats on new baby!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG! I haven't even noticed the new blogger additions. I do love your header though...and I have found myself content with my blog right now...and like changing the header each season. Soooo glad your comment situation is improving! Happy Happy New year!

Danice G said...

Thank you Val. Yes, I only recently noticed the new themes. My current header is a photograph that I made myself. Hoping the commenting situation keeps improving. Happy New Year to you as well.

Goatldi said...

Congrats on the new blessing! Thank you for mentioning the new look (s). I intend to return to regular blogging after the New Years Holiday and will be trying out new looks.

Jan @Cocoa Quilts said...

Congratulations on the new baby! What a joy! I like the new look.

bethsraggedyatticprims said...

Hi, Danice, hope you had a good Holiday. I guess I'm not in the loop. where is the new themes and the new look located, I;m gonna have to change mine eventually. Thanks or any ifo , be blessed

Danice G said...

Thank you Yvonne. Look in your Blogger dashboard, logged in. From the left side, choose Template. Look on that page, below the photo of your live blog, and there they are in images. Choose one, and go the the Customizer to make it like you want (colors, etc...) From there you can Preview it live before Apply Changes. Either Apply, or make more changes till it's like you want. Or, you can Return to dashboard and no changes will be made. Before you change template (now called a theme), be sure to download a copy of your current blog. Up on the right is a grey link that says Backup/Restore. Choose backup and download a copy to your computer. This way, if you make changes and don't like it, you can reinstate your former blog theme.

Danice G said...

Thank you all for the nice comments. You all make blogging fun.