Sunday, January 14, 2018

It's our birthday!

Happy birthday to my twin sister, and myself, today! We are "50-something..." again, lol. The little zippered pouch above is one item that I made for her this year. It is made of her favorite NCAA team, Alabama™, fabric. Please continue reading to see more detail.

The inside is the team's symbolic black and white houndstooth fabric. The pouch measures 6 1/2" X 7", and is from a pattern by Patty of: Elm Street Quilts Blog. Some people say that they would not like being a twin, but we have always enjoyed it. Even though we are not identical we do have many of the same family traits, each in her own way. Happy birthday, Janice, best sister ever. I love you!

Blessings, Danice G.

13 comments:

Kathy E. said...

Happy Birthday Danice and Janice!! I think it would be fun to be twins, especially to have someone to share thoughts and experiences with throughout life. I hope you both have a wonderful day of celebration!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Happy Birthday to you both! I love the pretty bag! Have a fabulous birthday my friend. Have FUN! Birthday hugs coming your way, Diane

Danice G said...

Thank you, Kathy and Diane. We hope to get to see each other today. Wishing you both a very happy day as well.

Denise * KKL Primitives said...

Happy birthday to you and your twin :)

Danice G said...

Thank you Denise. We have had a wonderful birthday.

bj said...

Happy Birthday to you and your sis....
Your comment didn't post on my blog again. First time I've run into this problem in the ll yrs I've blogged.

Goatldi said...

A most Happy Birthday ladies!

Mary said...

Happy Birthday! ! Mine is Monday the 15th. Everybody gets the day off except my Dear Hubby. No mail, no school. No fun to have lunch with my DD #1 in Tri-Cities.

Danice G said...

Yes, it is a real problem. Did you check your Blogger Comments (not your email), the Spam folder? If it is in there, check it as Not Spam and then publish my comment. Thank you so much.

Danice G said...

Thank you all for the happy birthday wishes.

Createology said...

Happy Birthday Danice and Janice. I have never had a twin but I do think it would be very special. Love the Crimson Tide pouch you made her. Celebrate and enJOY every day dear. <3

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

Hope you had a wonderful birthday Danice!

Danice G said...

Thank you, Sherry and Wendy. It was a wonderful birthday.