Friday, May 18, 2018

Doll Quilt Swap 2018

Participated in the 5th annual Doll Quilt Swap hosted by:Lori of Humble Quilts Blog. This is the quilt that Bonnie (#dircomm41) made for me. It has a border with my favorite color, green. The quilt measures 21" X 27". She also included three fabric fat quarters. Everything is so pretty, thank you so much to Bonnie. Continue reading to see the quilt that I made for Kathy.

This is the doll quilt that I made for Kathy (no blog) .The pattern is called Doves in the Window, by: Kathleen Tracy. Here are the little quilt's stats:

♦finished size: 21" square

♦fabrics: 100% cotton Civil War reproductions

♦backing: blue on cream toile fabric, 100% cotton

♦binding: same toile fabric as the backing, by machine and hand

♦batting: Hobbs Heirloom® Natural 100% Cotton

♦machine quilting: free-motion meandering design

~Sending thanks to Lori for hosting this fun doll quilt swap again this year as well~

♥ Completed WIP quilts in 2018: 11 ♥


Danice G.

8 comments:

Createology said...

Lovely little doll quilts. Sew much details in such a small venue. <3

Danice G said...

Thank you Sherry. I adore little doll quilts, and look forward to this swap every year.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How pretty they both are. I still think I'll try to make a doll quilt one of these days! You always inspire me! Hugs!

Danice G said...

Thanks so much Diane. You can do it. Making a small doll quilt is a great way to learn to quilt.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Both quilts are so sweet. I love the scrappiness of the first and the pop of blue of the second!

Danice G said...

Thank you Cynthia. Doll quilts are so nice to use as table decorations, and even to display with an old doll. Very fun.

CecileD said...

Both quilts are beautiful ! I really love to participate in this swap !

Danice G said...

Thanks Cecile. This swap is a favorite of mine also.