Saturday, December 15, 2018

#2019 Planning Party

Hello friends. It's that time again- our 2019 Planning Party goals. Have you set any yet? Mine are somewhat the same as last year's:

1. Stay caught-up on quilting quilt tops. In 2018, that goal was actually met, completing all 19! Yay! (Well, there are already like 5 quilt tops waiting for 2019!)

2. Find the courage to socialize with other quilters/stitchers here locally. Our area does have a few quilters groups, and I want to get over the shyness about meeting some of them. For blogging online quilter friends (and friends who don't quilt), comment and socialize more with you all. Sadly, I did not get to do the local socializing in 2018 due to family health issues. 'Hoping to get to do this in 2019.

3. Learn how to machine-stitch more quilting designs, in addition to my usual meandering, cross-hatch, and loopy-loops. How about Baptist Fan, Matchstick, Circular, and Leaves? Gorgeous! Guess what- I actually did learn the walking foot for straight-line, cross-hatch, and in-the-ditch quilting! 'Looking to learn more in 2019.

4. Be more resolute and determined to learn how to paper piece. My paper piecing skills have a long way to go...

~Linking-up with Quilting JETgirl's #2019 PlanningParty~



Danice G.

13 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Oh Wow!! It's too early for me to think about 2019. I still have to get entries in my planner for Terry's Doc appointments. Yes, I KNOW it's only a few weeks away. Okay, I'll start thinking about it. Thanks for the nudge.
xx, Carol
Merry Christmas

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Thank you for sharing and linking up, Danice. I hope that you have a wonderful 2019 and are able to meet and achieve your goals!

Afton Warrick said...

19 quilt tops is very impressive. Socializing, machine quilting, and paper-piecing sound like very fun plans for the new year.

Leanne Parsons said...

Those are great goals, Danice! Good luck with them :)

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

I haven't written my post yet, but paper piecing is definitely one of my goals. I do have a few others and hope to link up soon!

Mitzie said...

Busy lady! Wow!

Cheryl said...

Congrats for meeting your goals in 2018, 19 quilt tops finished is amazing! 2019 looks to be a great year for you too.

Mari said...

What great goals, Danice. I think Baptist Fans would be a great quilting pattern to master. Very useful. Ninetten tops is awesome! Everybody needs a few WIPs to start the year, just in case. Five sounds like a good number. Merry Christmas to you and a happy 2019!

Teadoddles said...

Great goals for 2019 & congrats on finishing 19 quilts/tops in 2018!

Sherry said...

WOW! 19 tops quilted! That is great. . . makes my goals seem doable. I understand your comment about socializing more. . . I have a tendency to be a hermit when it comes to meeting new people (which drives my husband nuts because he loves meeting people). He could (and does) talk to anyone and everyone no matter where we go!

Good luck with your 2019 goals and happy Holidays.

Danice G said...

Thank you all so much. Wishing you all the best of luck with your 2019 goals.

Marti said...

Those are great goals. I would like to socialize more too and would like to join a daytime quilt group. It's just so hard to make myself take that first step.

Lisa J. said...

These are great goals....you can step out of your comfort zone and do the socializing and paper piecing. I'm rooting for you.