Saturday, March 2, 2019

Quilted sewing machine cover

Finally, this item is finished. It was cut-out long ago. This sewing machine cover is made of stash fabrics, and measures 19 1/2" across X 30" long X 10 " wide on the sides. The main fabric is a tan color.The front fabrics are raw-edge appliquéd. Maybe now the dust will stay away from my machine. Have you ever made a sewing machine cover? Here are this project's stats:

♦finished size: 19 1/2" across X 30" long X 10" wide

♦fabrics: 100% cottons from my stash

♦backing: solid brown cotton

♦binding: well, none! 'decided to do just a hand-sewn blind hem instead

♦batting: Warm N' Natural© 100% Cotton

♦machine quilting: walking foot uneven grid (my first attempt)

♥ Completed WIP/UFO quilts in 2019: 3 ♥



Danice G.

5 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That is awesome! I love the bag you made for a tablet too. You've made so many useful and practical things. Well done my friend! Hugs!

Karrin Hurd said...

Love it, and really liked the tablet bag. I need to make my own sewing machine a cover one of these days!

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

Great job, Danice! I need to make a couple of these for my machines!

Danice G said...

Oh thank you all so much. 'Wish I'd waited to photograph, though, as now there are new curtains there. That could be a future post, couldn't it?

Mari said...

Nice! For your first attempt, the grid quilting looks great! Isn't the walking foot magical? :)