Friday, April 5, 2019

18" hospital gowns: A Doll Like Me

Bernie at: Needle & Foot is involved with several charity groups. One charity, A Doll Like Me, provides custom-made 18" dolls and hospital gowns for the dolls. These dolls are made for seriously ill children, so that they have a "friend" who resembles themselves. They also make doll-sized quilts for the children. You can read all about it on Bernie's blog. Here are the five gowns that I have made (so far). Easily made and requiring minimal fabric and bias tape, they are a wonderful way to help. The pink gown shows the back closing, which is simply two bias tape ties. Helping organizations like this truly keeps me smiling.

6 comments:

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

What an awesome idea to help seriously ill children. Thanks for sharing this, Danice!

Sandra Walker said...

Wonderful little dresses and for such a good cause. I've made a doll quilt, and should make another, as well as the little hospital gowns. Danice you are a no-reply, so thank you for visiting my Cheerio! quilt post and for your kind words. Glad I was able to find you through blogger.

Mari said...

These are darling! Sure to bring a smile to a kid's face.

Preeti said...

So sweet. They are so cheerful. I am sure they will be well-received and loved!!!

Danice G said...

Thank you all. I am already working on sewing some more of these little gowns.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How wonderful! These are very sweet and I know they are appreciated! You are the best my friend!