Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Hand-Pieced QAL: top finished!

Two posts in one day, wow. 'Just couldn't wait to post this. Recently I participated in the Hand-Pieced QAL hosted by: Patty at Elm Street Quilts and: Kristin at: Simple. Handmade. Everyday. All of the stitching had to be done by hand. They both provided many helpful tutorials for us all. Please continue reading.

Both hosts provided many helpful tutorials for us all. This little quilt is my very first hand-sewn one. One of my blocks just all uncentered (circled in 2nd photo), so this one will be a keeper for myself. 'Determined to finish no matter what. After all, my Word of the Year is resolute. No quitting, but there were a few tears. So much for "no crying in quilting", lol. All was definitely worth it. A lot was learned. Visit the link party to see some awesome little quilts. Thank you to Patty and Kristin for hosting this fun QAL.

~Linking-up with: Hand-Pieced QAL: Grand Prize Link Up~


Blessings, Danice G.

7 comments:

Karrin Hurd said...

Congratulations on getting your top together. Love your cheerful colors!

Patty said...

Your quilt is beautiful. Thanks for linking up with the Hand Pieced QAL!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Pretty quilt, I love the colors you choose! You are right to keep it for yourself ;))

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your quilt top looks wonderful to me! Such sweet colors! I have goofy things in mine, too - just chalking it up to the learning experience.

Deb A said...

Your quilt came out great! Love the cheerful colors you used. I have plenty of quilts with boo boo's like that... you know what? Once it is done and in use.... only the quilter really notices it. Everyone else just loves being snuggled up in it! Thank you for your comment on my blog - you were a no reply blogger so I hunted you down =). Yes, I made 2 of each to get 18 blocks for mine....but it was not my first hand pieced quilt. I did a tumbler quilt in greens last summer and a midget applique that was all hand pieced into a top a few years ago ..... shhhh. That one still isn't finished!

Quilter Kathy said...

It's beautiful! Great job! Way to not give up... 3 cheers for your determination!

Kristin said...

I love it! I adore the colors you used--well done on all of it! Thanks so much for being a part of the QAL--it has been so much fun :)