Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Ghastly Ghouls Blog Hop 2021

Today is my day on the Ghastly Ghouls Blog Hop, and here is a very Autumn-themed witch doll. She is approx. 32" tall, and her face is hand-painted. The braided hair is black roving wool. This is a pattern that I had wanted to make for a long while, and finally did just that. Her [new] name is Ezra, and she wears her bottle of witches' potion around her neck. Remember Simone (Bunny Boo Hiss), another Sanker Studio pattern? These two could be friends, couldn't they? Be sure to visit all of the other bloggers this week to see their wonderful projects. Continue reading for those links, and to leave comments.

OCTOBER 18: Creatin' in the Sticks, Inflorescence, Samelia's Mum, Songbird Designs, Ink Torrents

OCTOBER 19: MooseStashQuilting, Just Sew Quilter, Quilted Delights, Websterquilt, Patchouli Moon Studio

OCTOBER 20: Scrapdash, Homespun Hannah's Blog- you are here!, Elizabeth Coughlin Designs, Karrin’s Crazy World

OCTOBER 21: Kathy's Kwilts and More, For The Love Of Geese, Quilt Schmilt, Words & Stitches, Home Sewn By Us

OCTOBER 22: Just Let Me Quilt, Quilt Fabrication, Selina Quilts, Ms P Designs USA

Thanks to Carol of Just Let Me Quilt for hosting this fun blog hop. Halloween is one of my granddaughter's and my favorite holidays.

doll pattern: Ingrid Witch Bat | ©2019 Brenda Jett Sanker

Danice G.

26 comments:

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

She is lovely. I wonder what all she does with her little bottle of witch's potion.

-Soma

Pamela Arbour said...

That is just darling. I know you put a lot of work into her.

Inflorescencedesigns said...

This doll is so awesome! I keep seeing dolls being made and I keep telling myself I need to make one. Thank you again for such amazing inspiration!

Carla said...

Ezra is gorgeous. Love her! What a fantastic addition to the Ghastly Ghouls Hop.

Elizabeth Coughlin said...

Your witch doll is amazing! I love all the details like the potion bottle.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh my! She is adorable...I mean REALLY scary! heehee! Love the fabric for her dress and you did a fantastic job with her face. I love her! Fun to see what you've been up to my friend! Happy Fall!

Carol said...

I absolutely LOVE this doll! All the little details and the fabrics--all are perfect. Thanks for sharing!

tink's mom said...

Ezra is stunning. Love her eyes and all of the other detail you have put into her great look.

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

Ezra is perfect! I just love her outfit, hair, hat and all. Great project Danice!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

What a neat doll, and your hand painted face is awesome. Do I spy wings?

Calicojoan said...

I'm in love with this wonderful woman. What a creepy cool addition to the hop. What pattern is this?

Karrin Hurd said...

I absolutely love her, I think I need to get that pattern. Great work Danice!

Carol Swift said...

You are amazing at making these dolls. I love this little beauty of a witch who is ready with her potion to cast a wickedly wonderful spell I'm sure! Thank you for sharing her with us!

Danette said...

She is one fine witch!

Kathleen said...

Ezra is wonderful and so much fun for this season! Glad you finally made her.

Danice G said...

Yes you do. She is a "Witch Bat", lol.

Danice G said...

Ingrid the Witch Bat by Sanker Studios. The link to the pattern is at the end of the post.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Ezra is absolutely fabulous!

Sharon said...

She's pretty amazing! Thank you for sharing.

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

This is really cute, Danice! Thanks for sharing your ghastly creation!!! LOL

Susan said...

What a sweet witch! I love her friendly spider.

For the love of geese said...

So creepy, I mean that in a good way. Love her.

Susan said...

An amazing doll - well done!

Danice G said...

Thank you all so much. The doll was a fun project, and the blog hop has been awesome. There are so many wonderful projects!

Prims By The Water said...

What an adorable witch you created! Janice

Leah said...

She is very cool. Love those skinny legs and arms. And her dress is the perfect fabric!