Monday, November 8, 2021

Land That I Love quilt-along: finished!

Hey there friends. Wow, a post at night time. 'Just finished this little quilt, and it is from a quilt-along hosted by Lori of: Humble Quilts Blog. The design is Civil War era themed, and is titled Land That I Love. Do you like the pieced binding? Perhaps way back when, someone just "made-do" with the fabrics they had available? Small quilts this size may have been for cradles or bassinets. Continue reading to see this little quilt's stats, and for comments.

This was certainly a fun quilt laong. Sending many thanks to Lori for hosting. Here are this quilt's stats:

♦ dimensions: 21" X 30"

♦ fabrics: various 100% cotton fabrics from my Civil War era reproduction stash

♦ backing: same black with tiny white geo print as front of quilt

♦ batting: Warm N' Natural©

♦ quilting: machine-stitched walking foot in-the-ditches, two directions of diagonal lines

♦ binding: pieced of same Civil War era reproduction fabrics as blocks, machine and hand-stitched

♥ Completed WIP/UFO quilts in 2021: 6 ♥


Danice G.

8 comments:

Mary said...

Nice finish. I didn't start it so I don't have a finish to share this year. Too many other SAL's that I have going.

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

Great job, Danice! I do love that pieced binding pulling in the fabrics in the blocks!

Lori said...

So darling! Glad you sewed along!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Cute little blocks! The background fabric sets it off so nicely!!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love it and you did a great job! The old fashioned prints are always so pretty in a quilt.

Janet O. said...

Nice job, Danice. I love the scrappiness!

Danice G said...

Thank you all for the sweet comments. I was afraid that my little quilt is too scrappy.

Linda said...

Oh I love your quilt, both the fabrics and the name! I am fond of Civil War fabrics and find myself more and more drawn to them. Love the look of pieced binding too. Nice finish!