Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Wonderful World of Color: clock

Welcome to my project for the Wonderful World of Color Blog Hop. This clock is from a pattern by: Holly Clarke Design.com, and is called Quilt O'Clock. Isn't that clever? So my clock is made from my fabric stash, and is hanging in the sewing area. The clock is 12" diameter, and has a chrome bezel. I was concerned about getting the clock hands back on correctly, and luckily they do work and keep perfect time. Please continue reading for more Blog Hop info.

Be sure to check-out all of the other projects in the Blog Hop (listed below), as they really are pretty and colorful. Sending thanks to Calico Joan of Moose Stash Quilting for hosting this fun and colorful event.

Monday April 18- Creatin' in the Sticks, Ms P Designs USA, Samelia’s Mum, Kathleen McMusing, That Fabric Feeling, Scrapdash

Tuesday April 19- Just Let Me Quilt, BeaQuilter, Songbird Designs, Elizabeth Coughlin Designs, Purring Cottage, Stitchin at Home, Time4Stitchn

Wednesday April 20- Patchouli Moon Studio, Quilting Gail, Quilt Schmilt, Words & Stitches, Quilted Delights, Lynn's Blog, Homespun Hannah's Blog- you are here!

Thursday April 21- Just Sew Quilter, Days Filled With Joy, Selina Quilts, Karrin's Crazy World, The Darling Dogwood, Beckys Adventures in Quilting and Travel

Friday April 22- Kathys Kwilts and More, Pieceful Thoughts, Karen's Korner, Inflorescence, Crafts and Math, MooseStashQuilting

Blessings, Danice G.

33 comments:

Stitchin At Home said...

A pretty clock, perfect for the sewing room!

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

Great clock! I made a small round piece a few years ago thinking I would turn it into a clock. I bought the clock parts, but I didn't have anything to actually mount the clock to, so it has been sitting for years. I need to figure something out or find an old clock that is the right size at a thrift shop, but my piece is much larger than any clock I have seen at the thrift shop (I look every time I go). So I hope to get it finished one day. Maybe I need to do some research online to see what I can figure out for my piece. Seeing your pretty clock has certainly pushed me to want to get mine finished!

lynn said...

Your creativity is standing out with this one. What a splendid idea. Take your all time favourite fabrics and make a beautiful clock face where you can enjoy the pieces and stay in time as well. Thanks.

beaquilter said...

Oh I need a clock like that! how clever, did you glue down the pieces or can you change it out once in a while?

Carol said...

Wow, amazing project! It will be fun to look at all those colors every time you look at the time!

Elizabeth Coughlin said...

Really clever, and colorful and lovely!

Carla said...

Such a clever way to use those favorite fabrics. Thanks for sharing this awesome clock. I really need this.

piecefulwendy said...

Well, how clever is that?! What a fun idea!

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

Danice, this is a wonderful project! What a great idea! Thanks for sharing.

Karrin Hurd said...

What a great unusual colorful idea! Love it!

Danice G said...

They are glued down. Probably so that they do not get in the path of the clock hands.

Danice G said...

Was afraid a thrift store clock may not work properly, and that would be too bad with the fabric all glued down. So, I looked online for a sale. This 12" clock was less than $12. tax and all. Picked it up at local store so no long wait time either.

Danice G said...

Thank you. The credit goes to Holly Clarke Design for this awesome idea.

Carol Swift said...

This is such a clever and beautiful way to have a clock in a sewing room...love it! Thanks for sharing this colorful way to make a clock, Hannah!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Awesome idea, and I love you used stash.

Rebecca Smith said...

I love your clock! I may need to make one myself.

Danette said...

Your clock is wonderful! I had seen somewhere a quilted clock, but I did not think that I could make it, or that I would use it. But this is very creative.

Quilting Gail said...

Love your clock! Perfect way to showcase lovely fabrics!

LJ said...

Wow, that's a beautiful and colorful clock. Great idea, too.

time4stitchn said...

That clock is just fantastic. The fabrics really make it! I would never have known such a product existed: great job

Kathleen said...

I love this! Might need to make one for my sewing studio...where I always loose track of time. It is a great way to use all the wonderful colors!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Oh, so cute!!! We all need a quilt o'clock!!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Fabulous studio clock project!!!

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

What a fun project! Love your clock and what a wonderful way to display some beautiful fabrics.

Karen's Korner said...

Very clever.

Vicki in MN said...

What a fun addition to your room!

Leah said...

What a cool clock. I like that each hour is a different color.

Sharon said...

Very cute! I may "steal" this idea for my quilting studio, where it is always "Quilt-O-Clock" LOL.

tink's mom said...

This is amazing. Thanks so much for sharing the idea and all that wonderful color.

MrsV said...

Wow! This is a fantastic project and what a great choice of fabrics. I almost bought a clock for its parts a couple weeks ago, but talked myself out of it because I didn't actually have anything to do with it. Now I know for next time.

Carol Andrews said...

Danice I just love your clock. It has to be the best project ever. I am in awe of your creativity

Prims By The Water said...

What a fun clock. Have never seen one made from fabric. A unique idea! Janice

Danice G said...

Wow, thank you all for the sweet comments. I kind of stumbled upon the website that posted the pattern.