Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Quadrille: more fabric piecing

Still working on the Quadrille quilt along with Carole over at: From My Carolina Home. Here is the latest step. I am still so happy about stash busting some reproduction Civil War era scraps! Plus, this will be another nice little quilt to have. Best of both worlds, right? Wow, some { OK, most } of these fabrics are so old. Past wonderful collections for sure. Can you all see that the background fabric is a white on white floral print? Thanks to Carole for this nice quilt along, and for hosting the Stash Busters event as well. Continue reading for comments.

On another note, I do not know what is wrong with Bloglovin'. All of a sudden, my links no longer work, yet I can log in to my account and see this blog listed and claimed way back in April of 2013. Guess what- most of the blogs that I am trying to follow via Bloglovin', they are also "unavailable" links all of a sudden. The only reason I have not just deleted the account is because of so many followers on there. Apologies for the broken links. Worrying myself nearly sick about it.

Blessings, Danice G.

4 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

Where do you get you repro civil war fabric from? The colors are amazing! Janice

Danice G said...

Janice, thank you. Most of them were ordered from Etsy sellers, and some from a place called Two Bees Fabric. Some are also Barbara Brackman fabrics by Moda. Here where I live, we have no place that sells the reproduction fabrics, so have to order them.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Thanks for quilting along with Quadrille! I have stopped using Bloglovin and now use Feedly to follow and read blogs. Like you, I still have a Bloglovin account, but only to keep those readers who can still find me there. But I don't use it myself anymore, it was just too unreliable.

Danice G said...

Enjoying Quadrille very much. Yes, same with myself about the blog readers.. Ever since they were purchased by another company in 2018, very unreliable not enough bandwidth the web page often reads. 'Seems to be a now-neglected service.