Saturday, September 9, 2023

Old thread spools

These are some old wood spools that I found at a thrift store many years ago. Some of them got posted, but the ones in the front row (the smaller ones) did not. Isn't it funny how some things can by accident get overlooked? This photograph was originally to be a blog header, but that never happened (lol). 'Hoping that you all are having a wonderful day. Thank you for all of the sweet comments and visits to this blog. Regardless of what the world might say, blogging is still popular.


Blessings, Danice G.

7 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Those old spools stir the imagination of hand sewing next to firesides, camaraderie between friends, working to a common goal.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I have some old spools of thread too and treasure them. They are so much prettier than new thread! I love seeing what you are making! Enjoy your Sunday!

Kathy E. said...

It's fun to see someone else collecting old sewing supplies! I have several of these wooden spools (mostly from my mom's stash) and they carry memories of days gone by. Just think of someone looking at our modern-to-us craft items and imagining how they've all changed! Thanks for the smile!

Prims By The Water said...

Even spools re n longer made from wood. Plastic everything. Just lovely. Janice

Danice G said...

Thank you all so much. I love vintage items, especially sewing-related ones.

Angie in SoCal said...

What a find! The tiny one would work for the toy machine gifted to me by an old friend. She knows I like anything related to sewing. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

LA Paylor said...

I LOVE old sewing items! I remember sitting at granny's treadle machine, going through all the drawers, and seeing lots of old spools.
I looked at some of your older posts and saw yo yo's... I'm going to show something made with yoyos tomorrow on my quilting post.
LeeAnna