Monday, June 17, 2024

For the Birds Blog Hop!

Welcome to another day on the For the Birds Blog Hop. My project features Modern Crows, a three options pattern designed by: Sasha's Quilts on Etsy. Don't you just love the pattern's design? The designs on their backs look like little quilts. We have lots of crows here in the South. You know, they really are quite large birds! Interesting fact, a gathering of crows is called a murder. Here is one finished and most of another block. Planning on making them into a table runner. Life got in the way again, so stay tuned for the finished top and quilt. As always, thank you for visiting my space in the blogging world. I love your comments. Be sure to visit all of the other bloggers to see their fun projects.

June 17- Moose Stash Quilting, Karrin's Crazy World, Quilting Between the Rails (Facebook), Selina Quilts, Quilt Doodle Designs

June 18- Homespun Hannah's Blog (you're already here, thank you), BeaQuilter, Words & Stitches, High Road Quilter, Quilted Delights, The Quilted Snail

June 19-
Patchouli Moon Studio, A Quiltery, Ms P Designs USA, Stitching Farm Girl, Scrapdash

June 20- Just Let Me Quilt, Isabella’s Whimsy (Facebook), Quilting Gail, Hazel's Daughter, Songbird Designs

Blessings, Danice G.

18 comments:

Elizabeth Coughlin said...

I like the Modern Crows pattern and you did a great job with it!

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

That's a crow of a different color, lol! Looks great! We have ravens here where I live, not crows. I lived in places before that had crows. Ravens are larger than crows and aren't as vocal as crows.

Calicojoan said...

Those crows are incredible. That a fabulous pattern you found! They are going to make a great table runner.

Mary said...

I absolutely love these modern crow blocks. I had to go into Etsy and save them to my FPP favorites. Have a great day, Mary.

Carol Swift said...

Those are amazing looking crow blocks! Are they paper pieced? Looks like it will make a beautiful quilt full of crows when you finish. Thanks for flying with us Danice!

Karrin Hurd said...

Love the modern crows, in fact any kind of crows. Great work!

Carol said...

I love the crows! We just had a trunk show of modern quilts at the local quilt shop, and these crows would fit right in. You will have a fabulous table runner when you finish it!

Moira said...

Interesting blocks! You're finished project will look wonderful

Quilting Gail said...

Great crows!

Kathy E. said...

This really is a cool crow block and it's crafted so cleverly with the quilts on their backs! I have purchased a few of Sasha's patterns too and admire her for donating a portion of her sales to her fellow Ukranians during the war. I'm looking forward to seeing the "whole crow" project when done!

tink's mom said...

What a great block. Never saw a block like it. Cant wait to see the end result.

Leah said...

These are cool! I will have to check out that pattern.

Danice G said...

Thank you all so much. Yes, they are paper pieced, which I still struggle with. These crows are definitely worth the work!

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

Danice, I was deleting SPAM comments on my blog just now and for a split second your comment came up and I must have clicked delete as I hadn't had any comments on my blog post yet, so I accidently deleted your comment and never even got to read it! Dang! Sorry. I just couldn't take all those spam comments in there anymore. Could you please comment again? Thank you.

For the love of geese said...

I love your birds!

Danice G said...

Thank you Denise and Daryl. Daryl, I did return to your blog and comment again.

Raewyn said...

Wow those crows are amazing with their pieced backs. We don't have them here in NZ but I did see a tree of them in Australia once - gosh so noisy!!

Nancy McC said...

I love the look of these crows. I think they will look great in a table runner. I like making table runners as a quick and easy quilt finish. I am sure it will be stunning. Thanks for sharing.