Friday, August 10, 2018

Rollator basket

Did you notice on my last few posts that there was a blur on the left side of the photos? That was really simple- clean the camera lens. Thank goodness it was just that. 'Problem easily and quickly solved.


My twin sister's Rollator basket had become quite ragged and had a hole in it. We got the idea for me to make her a new, more sturdy basket. She also got to choose the fabrics this way. The outer layer is a heavy weight black canvas, and the lining is black and white houndstooth cotton fabric. There is a layer of quilt batting in between for extra durability. This was a first attempt for me, as there seem to be no patterns for this basket. After measuring and calculating, this is the result. There are (wider) tabs with large metal snaps to hold it securely. An added slip inside pocket provides more storage. She usually carries a water or soda bottle with her, so the quilt-batting-lined bottle carrier has a drawstring opening and a tab with metal snap fastener. They were both a joy to make for my sister. Have you ever made anything like these?


Danice G.

3 comments:

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

I have not made anything like this before, Danice, but your rollator bag looks wonderful! Great job! I really love the houndstooth fabric (Roll Tide!!) I know your sister will use and cherish this for years to come! Thanks for sharing!

Danice G said...

Thanks Brenda. Sis chose the houndstooth for that very reason- she is a Roll Tide fan.

Jessica said...

I've never heard of them, but it looks like you did a great job on that one for your sis!