Friday, September 7, 2018

Another Home State pillow

After reading Kelly's: Home State Pillow tutorial last year, I have now made two. This one is for my daughter and her family. Amanda was born in Alabama, but her husband and their daughter were born in Tennessee and they as a family make their home in Tennessee. Please continue reading.

'Decided to make this one horizontal, due to the shape of the state. The machine quilting is a simple meandering. The backing is envelope-style. It finishes at 18" X 10", and was a pleasure to make. Have you made any pillows?

~Linking-up with Kelly at: My Quilt Infatuation: Needle & Thread Thursday~


Danice G.

8 comments:

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Very nice gift for your daughter and her family, Danice. I like that tutorial by Kelly, too. I haven't made one yet, but maybe as a wall hanging... BTW, thank you for commenting on my blog. I could not respond directly as you came up as "noreply-comment".

Prims By The Water said...

What a creative idea. I am sure your daughter will love it! I made a blue gold wool quilt pattern pillow a month ago. Hope you have a great weekend! Janice

Lady Jane said...

Really neat pillow! hugs, lj

Danice G said...

Thank you all. Hoping Amanda and family enjoy the pillow. Yes, I am a No Reply Blogger for internet safety reasons. There is a contact form under this blog's header- the grey circle with an envelope on it.

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

Nice pillow, Danice! I'm a Bama girl, but I love to visit the mountains of Tennessee - and Nashville! Thanks for sharing!

Raymond Homestead said...

What a neat gift idea...a state pillow. I bet they're fun to make!

Paige said...

Such a sweet keepsake!

Danice G said...

Thank you all. Pretty sure that Amanda and her family will love this pillow also. 'Seems that making pillows is a new love of mine!