Thursday, February 7, 2019

Hand Pieced QAL: first three weeks

Here are my first three weeks of blocks for Elm Street Quilts' Hand-Pieced QAL. Having done very little hand piecing, this is a true challenge + learning experience. From left to right, the first week was the 4 Patch, second week was Half-Square Triangles, and the third week is Flying Geese. It is not too late to join in on the fun. There are two choices for a layout, or you can create your own. It will not be a large quilt. Rules and guidelines are on Elm Street Quilts Blog. My chosen colorway is kinda simple. What would you choose?

~Linking-up with: Elm Street Quilts' Hand-Pieced QAL~


Danice G.

8 comments:

Karrin Hurd said...

Love your colors! Your blocks look great!

Prims By The Water said...

Wish I knew how to quilt. But so enjoy looking at all of the ones you create! Janice

BumbleBeeLane said...

The colors remind me of the old handmade quilts we used to cuddle up in at grandma's. I've never tried quilts but when I'm older I can see me joining some quilting bee's...smile..

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are so pretty, Danice! I love your fun, bright colors!

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

Your blocks look great, Danice! Love the colors you chose!

Patty said...

Beautiful blocks - great job! Thanks for linking up with the Hand Pieced QAL!

Darlene said...

Your blocks look wonderful Danice. Love you choice of color too.
I am in the process of making block #4 at this time.

Danice G said...

Thank you all. Hand piecing surely is a learning curve for me. Patience patience patience, lol.