Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Modern Mini Quilt Challenge: finished!

Yay! Here is my mini quilt for the: Modern Mini Quilt Challenge 2019 (entry deadline now closed). Winner will be announced on 28th May. The colors remind me of Summer. Notice the coral-like Pantone® Color of the Year as well as the Splash-like aqua Kona® Color of the Year. The lime and yellow "play well" with them, don't they? Titled this one Summer Houndstooth. Now this little quilt's stats:

♦pattern/tutorial: Houndstooth by: Missouri Star Quilt Co.

♦finished size: 21" SQ

♦fabrics: 100% cotton solids from my stash

♦backing: solid white cotton

♦binding: facing-style white cotton, by hand and machine

♦batting: Warm N' Natural© 100% Cotton

♦machine quilting: walking foot straight lines grid

♥ Completed WIP/UFO quilts in 2019: 8 ♥


Danice G.

6 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Looks like Florida colors in my lanai! I love it!

Sandra Walker said...

This is fabulous - it's a tessellation, did you realize? Very clever little quilt, and maybe it's because I just did my design 27/30 in the design challenge I'm hosting, and it was a bat quilt so I see bats here too! Love your colours; they all play so well together. Thanks for the lovely comment on my Pasque Star quilt.

Karrin Hurd said...

Cute quilt, love the colors!

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

This is an awesome quilt, Danice! I love the houndstooth (Roll Tide!!) in your beautiful summer colors! Great job!

Danice G said...

Thank you all so much. Congrats to all of the Challenge winners. 'Did not realize the pattern is a tessellation. Thinking of making a larger one for my daughter.

Sarah Craig said...

Gorgeous colors, and the no-binding look is perfect for this one!