Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Doll backpack

Apologies for being absent for so long. Things have been hectic around here with my twin sister, who has been out of town in the hospital for eight weeks now. She made a bit of improvement yesterday, so we remain praying and hopeful. A few weeks ago, I fell and broke my foot. It was the worse time ever for that to happen. On the 23rd July that leg cast will finally be removed. Thank you all so much for your love and concern for my family. Not much sewing or quilting has been going on here lately.

How do you like the doll backpack? It is for my granddaughter, who now has like four AG dolls. In addition to the pattern's front pocket, I added a slip pocket inside. The front flap fastener is Velcro©. The back has shoulder straps and a hanging loop. The outer fabric is upholstery weight with mid-weight interfacing and fusible fleece backing.The lining and top trim are just 100% quilting cottons . This pattern is McCall's Crafts M6854, and it also includes patterns for 18" doll coat, pants, and t-shirt. My daughter told me that everywhere they go, she ends up carrying the dolls. Now whoever carries them will have this nifty back pack. Something tells me that my granddaughter will want to carry them a lot more now, ha ha. The back pack pattern was fairly simple to construct, just a bit bulky with the necessary interfacing and fleece backing. Overall, 'love it lots. The Pattern Difficulty Rating will be:

Fairly Easy


Danice G.

3 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

Hope you are doing better. Not fun having a leg in a cast. Love your back pack. Your granddaughter will love it! Janice

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I hope your sister continues to improve! I'm so sorry you've broken your leg and have that to deal with too! What a summer! Take care of yourself my friend. Of course I love that little backpack! It's SO cute and would be perfect for all the fabric I have on a shelf! lol Sweet hugs!

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

Glad to see you back doing what you love and starting to blog again!! I've been thinking about you and your sister! Glad to hear there was a slight improvement and glad to hear you are getting your cast off soon!