Saturday, February 18, 2023

Project Quilting 14.4 Challenge

Barely making the deadline for the Challenge. This one is to be inspired by a book that we have read. Many years ago, I read a book titled The Camera Never Blinks, written by Dan Rather and Mickey Herskowitz (published in 1977). Since that book is about news journalism, I remembered our black metal TV from the 1970's. It may have not even been in color broadcast. Remember back in the day, no remote control? How technology has improved. Many TVs had the minimal channel selector, volume and contrast knobs. Every night daddy watched channel 19 news and we knew to be quiet, ha ha. Here is my little vintage TV quilt. Continue reading to comment. #projectquilting14 | @pqSeason14.

♦ dimensions: 9" square

♦ fabrics: various 100% cotton fabrics from my stash

♦ backing: green print cotton fabric

♦ batting: Warm N' Natural©

♦ quilting: machine-stitched walking foot. minimal

♦ binding: mock binding as quilt was sewn right sides together and then turned

~Project Quilting Season 14: Challenge 4 Link Party~



Blessings, Danice G.

7 comments:

Needled Mom said...

That’s such a clever idea. We often chuckle at each other when the remote is malfunctioning and we are complaining. We once had to get up and walk over to change the channel on our 12” television that got channels 2, 4, 7, 9, 11 and 13!!!!! Yes, life HAS changed!

Prims By The Water said...

We were our parents remote! Janice

My Colonial Home said...

Hi Danice...been awhile since I've been here.
I love your little TV quilt.
Karen

PersimonDreams said...

very cool. love your creation.

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOL!! I remember those days. The same ones where the broadcasting ended at a certain time, as well. Midnight maybe? I don't recall since my bedtime was 10 PM!

Rose said...

In the 90s my friend's nieces visited and she didn't have a tv with a remote. The girls didn't know how to turn the tv off so they unplugged it. We have laughed about it for years now.

Danice G said...

Oh those were the days. Technology has really advanced, hasn't it?