Thursday, May 11, 2023

Pantone® Quilt Challenge 2023

Recently I made this moon phases table runner for a challenge at: Saroy's Pantone® Quilt Challenge 2023- link party. Be sure to go check out all of the beautiful entries. There are several categories, including quilts, mini/wall quilts, and several others. This table runner is entered into the Mini/Wall Quilts section. Please keep reading for this table runner's stats and for comments. (I love reading your comments!)

Usually, pinks and reds aren't colors that I use very often, but must admit this color is growing on me, lol. The actual Pantone® color name is Viva Magenta. Sometimes the sky reflects a magenta hue near dusk. Have you ever seen that? It is quite remarkable. Did you make something in this luscious color yet? #PantoneQuiltChallenge2023

Phases pattern designed by: Wax and Wane Studio

♦ my project title: Magenta Phases | my country of residence: USA

♦ dimensions: 13"X53"

♦ fabrics: Waverly Inspirations® solids: Magenta, Ink, Sunshine and White

♦ backing: Sunshine yellow with white dot print cotton fabric

♦ batting: Warm N' Natural©

♦ quilting: machine-stitched walking foot diamond with transparent thread

♦ binding: same Magenta as top, machine and hand-stitched

♥ Completed WIP/UFO quilts in 2023: 5 ♥


Blessings, Danice G.

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

I love this. Fun that you played with different colors, and grew to love some new ones.

Prims By The Water said...

I have heard that magenta is growing more and it is the color most seen now in my wholesale websites. I actually have been working on sage green and pink for Christmas items this year. Loving your quilting! Janice

Danice G said...

Thank you. It is never too late to grow, is it?

Danice G said...

Thank you. Yes Magenta is everywhere! I am also working on a sage green and pink quilt for the yearly H2H Challenge.