Saturday, April 22, 2023

Welcome Spring quilt: completed!

'So happy with this latest finish. Here is my little: Welcome Spring, a quilt along pattern from: Heartspun Quilts. Guess what- mine is made of all stash fabrics. The background is natural muslin. Continue reading for comments, and to see this little quilt's stats.
Here is the back of the quilt, well showing a section of it. That fabric is not Civil War era correct, but is from my stash though. The pattern was fun to sew. 'Decided to not age the muslin, but maybe will later. Thank you Pam for another awesome pattern and quilt along.

Here are the stats for this Welcome Spring quilt:

♦ dimensions: 17"X26" (a bit larger than the pattern calls for)

♦ fabrics: various 100% cotton Civil War era reproduction fabrics from my stash, and natural muslin

♦ backing: pale yellow floral print cotton fabric

♦ batting: Warm N' Natural©

♦ quilting: machine-stitched walking foot diamond with natural thread

♦ binding: natural muslin (also from my stash), machine and hand-stitched

♥ Completed WIP/UFO quilts in 2023: 4 ♥


Blessings, Danice G.

4 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

A wonderful quilt for Spring. Great job! I currently do not have any of the button shoes in the store currently. I have a small collection of them myself. Even one pair of red ones which are rare now. Janice

Danice G said...

Thanks Janice. Let me know if you do get any. 'Did not know that red ones are rare.

Angie in SoCal said...

Cute little quilt. Thank you for commenting on my blog. Your prayers are so appreciated.

Danice G said...

You are welcome, Thank you for commenting on my blog also.