Tuesday, January 23, 2024

White Rabbit Blog Hop!

UPDATE: 26 January 2024

Good morning blog friends, "new" and "older"! Welcome to day 2 of the White Rabbit Blog Hop. There are so many fabulous creations already posted, wow! What a fun hop. Here is my project. It isn't completed, but will be soon. He is a white bunny rabbit, made of 100% cotton fabrics. 'Wanted to make him of wool felt, but couldn't get to the store with all of the snow and ice. He is 14" tall, and has an embroidered and painted face. 'Think his name will be Anders. He wears a green and white pinstripe romper. I had not heard of the tale of the white rabbit bringing good luck, but maybe he will and clear up the weather. This is a free pattern from Purl Soho titled: Soft Woolen Bunny. 'Hope you are enjoying the blog hop, and will visit all of the amazing creations. Please continue reading for comments, and a complete list of all blog hop participants.

JANUARY 22- Just Let Me Quilt {our hostess}, Inflorescence, Quilt Schmilt, Sew Many Yarns, Days Filled With Joy

JANUARY 23- Quilting Gail, Beaquilter, Ms P Designs USA, Words & Stitches, Lake Girl Quilts, Homespun Hannah's Blog- you are here {thanks!}

JANUARY 24- Selina Quilts, Karrin’s Crazy World, Quilted Delights, The Life of Grammy, Quilting Between The Rails (Facebook page), Quilted Snail

JANUARY 25- MooseStashQuilting, Vroomans Quilts, Domestic Felicity, Pattern Princess, Elizabeth Coughlin Designs, Highroad Quilter, Kathy's Kwilts and More

Blessings, Danice G.

26 comments:

Elizabeth Coughlin said...

Your bunny is lovely even unfinished! It would have been great in wool felt as well.

Danette said...

You are very talented. He is an adorable bunny! He may not even need a face, he is so cute!

Leah said...

Your white rabbit is looking great. He will look super cute with his face added.

Carol Swift said...

What a perfectly sweet way to meet the "White Rabbit" challenge. He is so cute! I had thought of making a bunny, but I'm not as good at making them as you are. Love it! Thanks for sharing, Danice! xo

Nikki said...

Different make for the hop than the others!!! Off now to check out the free pattern. I love free! My nana gave me a stuffed bunny when I was small....fond memories!

Calicojoan said...

Your rabbit has captured my heart. In my pre quilting life, I was Calico Bunny Patch. I stitched hundreds of bunnies for craft shows. Seeing yours brings back such great memories. Can’t wait to see it all dress up, when the weather improves.

Karrin Hurd said...

Adorable white rabbit. Can't wait to see him dressed up!

Joansy said...

What a sweet bunny! I love him! It reminds me of one of my favorite books ever, The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate DiCamillo. I read it to a class of my third graders, and we all loved it so much. If you haven't read it, you should, because your bunny could really be Edward! Oh, it just tugs at my heartstrings to look at it!
Thank you so much for bringing those memories back to me. I hope you enjoy your bunny as much as I enjoyed that book!

beaquilter said...

Adorable bunny
That's my dad's name....and what people in Denmark call Donald duck.

Anita Jackson @ Domestic Felicity said...

such a lovely project, he looks so professional ;)

Victoria Pietz said...

This handmade bunny is perfect for a child or a home decor accent.

Needled Mom said...

He’s so cute. Love those pink ears.

Quilting Gail said...

Anders has a great beginning! I'm sure he's going to be fantastic when he's done! Thanks for sharing! :-)

Sharon said...

Very cute!

tink's mom said...

I have a very, very old bunny who started out just like Anders. She is loved and I know that Anders will also be loved. I see her every day and now I don't know why I neglected to include her in my post. So glad you added Anders.

LJ said...

What a sweet little bunny. You did a fabulous job on the sewing. He'll be even cuter after you've put a face on him. Take him with you for luck whether you say "white rabbit" or not.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a sweet rabbit! It would be fun to make a whole wardrobe for this one! Hope your January birthday was special! Sweet hugs, Diane

Inflorescencedesigns said...

Beautiful bunny. It looks nice even unfinished. Thanks for sharing.

Moira said...

Sweet rabbit.

Kathleen said...

Love your white bunny, Anders. He will be quite handsome; and I do hope he brings better weather!

lynn said...

Anders looks as if he is full of possibility. When I first looked at him, I thought of how much fun it would be to add paint to develop a wardrobe for him, or perhaps to go wild with embroidery doodles, something like the Tattooed Rabbit. You see, you have opened a world of possibility with this fellow. Thanks Danice.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Aw so sweet! He turned out just right! xx

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh, he is quite the handsome fella! Will be fun to add his character over time. Stitching his face, maybe his clothes - just fun.

Prims By The Water said...

Cannot wait to see Anders completed. Janie

Magpie's Mumblings said...

He (she?) looks just right to be hugged.

Michelle said...

Your bunny is so sweet. I have made many stuffies but never a bunny. I need to make one. Thanks for sharing.