Friday, August 16, 2024

Ombré: completed quilt

Here is the completed Ombré quilt for my local church program. It will be gifted to a new mother. The fabrics are nearly all from my stash, and are varying shades and tones of the color blue. To see the back of this quilt, and for comments, please continue reading.

This is the 2nd ombré quilt that I have made, and is actually one of my favorite quilts. Have you ever made one? The quilting is walking foot diagonal lines, in matching thread colors. Hoping that this colorway matches the baby's nursery. Here are this quilt's stats:

♦ dimensions: 40" square

♦ fabrics: 100% cotton solid color fabrics, mostly from my stash

♦ backing: 100% cotton navy and lt. blue geometric print

♦ batting: Warm N' Natural©

♦ quilting: machine-stitched walking foot diagonal lines

♦ binding: 100% cotton fabric, solid medium blue, machine and hand-stitched

♥ Completed WIP/UFO quilts in 2024: 6 ♥


Blessings, Danice G.

2 comments:

My Tata's Cottage said...

So lovely! I had a dear friend Edna who crocheted. She had made a beautiful blanket for one of the grands. But she passed away this year and I was sad since our youngest girl had her first child and I wanted her to have something sweet and homemade. I admire your quilting. Very pretty and I feel like I do not get overhere enough. But I took a blog break and sure have missed it so I am trying to get back to it. I hope you have a lovely weekend.

Prims By The Water said...

The colors in this one really speak to me Love it! Janice