Monday, October 10, 2011

Moose lamp shade

This is a Moose lamp shade that I designed and made last year. The wall base is an old sconce from the early 1960's. It has a glass hurricane-style globe underneath my shade. The shade is made from craft paper with acrylic painting and leather trim. I free-hand drew the moose and background, and laced the edges with the leather trim. For safety, I left the glass hurricane globe underneath. The old sconce belonged to my late step-father. What do you all think of my creation?


Danice G.

2 comments:

Susan At Glen Oaks Primitives said...

I think you did an awesome job, Danice. It's a great idea for a hurricane lamp. And, the best part is you have
something special you've done with a family heirloom.
Warm Regards,
Susan

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Great job girl! I wouldn't even attempt free hand. I really like the stitching around the top and bottom... it really adds to the cabin feel.