Monday, April 30, 2018

Constellations quilt is finished!

Last year, I participated in the Constellations QAL at The Academic Quilter. The blocks are all stars, and followed the Rainbow Scrap Challenge color of the month. Finally, here is my completed quilt. Please continue reading.

This quilt is bright and a rather large lap quilt. Perfect for watching TV. Guess what- another goal for 2018 was met! After fear of trying, I finally learned to use the walking foot on my machine. This quilt is one of my favorites for sure. Here are the quilt's stats:

♦finished size: 54" X 70"

♦fabrics: 100% cotton blenders

♦backing: solid navy, 100% cotton

♦binding: same dark blue blender as the front, by machine and hand

♦batting: Hobbs Heirloom® Natural 100% Cotton

♦machine quilting: walking foot horizontal lines

♥ Completed WIP quilts in 2018: 9 ♥


Blessings, Danice G.

9 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

How fun this quilt must have been to make. Very cheerful! Janice

Danice G said...

Thanks Janice. The QAL was a lot of fun. The bright colors do make it a really happy quilt.

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

Love the bright colors you used in your constellations quilt!

Raymond Homestead said...

Love that blue! So pretty!

Danice G said...

Thank you Brenda and Mindy. I tend to prefer more muted color palettes, but this quilt is an exception.

Mari said...

This turned out so lovely, Danice! I love your blocks and I'll bet it will be nice and cozy for the sofa. Congratulations on a great finish!

Danice G said...

Thank you Mari. This quilt is definitely a favorite for me. The QAL was truly a lot of fun.

Susan said...

Now that is one beautiful quilt! What a happy day to finish it. I hope it's one you are keeping!

Danice G said...

Thanks Susan. Yes, this quilt is a keeper all for myself. That isn't selfish, is it?