Tuesday, April 24, 2018

The Splendid Sampler™ is finished!

Last year I participated in a fun QAL at: The Splendid Sampler™. There were over one-hundred quilt blocks, and I made twenty-five for this little quilt. The white borders were added to create a contrast between all of those solid-color blocks. Please continue reading to see this quilt's back and stats.

'Could not get a good photo of the backing fabric due to the sun, so there is a small photo of it in the lower right of the last photo. It certainly would be difficult to choose a favorite block from this QAL. Here are this little quilt's stats:

♦finished size: 36" square

♦fabrics: 100% cottons from my stash

♦backing: black paisley on white- Moda Half Moon

♦binding: solid lt. blue, by machine and hand

♦batting: Hobbs Heirloom® Natural 100% Cotton

♦machine quilting: meandering free-motion

~Linking-up with: Elm Street Quilts' One Monthly Goal Finish: April~

♥ Completed WIP quilts in 2018: 8 ♥


Blessings, Danice G.

18 comments:

grammajudyb said...

The white borders set off the colorful block well. Great job!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

What a great finish. The colored crayons, cherry pincushion and sewing machine are my favorite!

Karen's Korner said...

You have some interesting blocks in your sampler. Well done.

Karen said...

I love all the bright colors you chose! What a happy, beautiful quilt!

Patty said...

This came out wonderful! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

Very cute!

DeAnna said...

Love all the happy colors! It's an awesome sampler quilt.

Lisa England said...

Lovely! So many cute blocks in this one.

Danice G said...

Wow, thank you all so much. The quilt makes me happy also. It is perfect for the sewing area.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Great quilt!! The blocks are all so neat!

Danice G said...

Thank you Alycia. I really tried at getting all of the blocks even and straight.

Mari said...

What a fun sinish!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Bright colors, I love your quilt! Love the pale blue binding too, adding sweetness!

Danice G said...

Thank you so much Mari and Frederique.

Karin - BluePip Designs said...

This looks great! I started this quilt as well and I think the blocks I made are just sitting in a box somewhere. I heard they are starting a round two soon - maybe I'll get enough blocks to finish mine up!

Danice G said...

Thank you Karin. Yes, they have already started a round two. I might join in.

Raymond Homestead said...

Such pretty bright colors!

Danice G said...

Thanks Mindy. I was afraid that it may be "too pastel", but it isn't after all.