Thursday, March 28, 2019

Granddaughter's new dress

Good morning friends. Hoping you are enjoying some warmer weather. Some rain is happening, but not a lot. Here is the latest dress that I have sewn for my granddaughter. This one is New Look A6522. It features the "cold shoulder" design, which is so popular nowadays. The dress is gathered to a circular yoke. The sleeves are gathered to narrow bands. The fastener is a back covered button, 7/8" diameter. 100% cotton, navy floral fabric sewed-up very well.

The pattern is very fashionable, but I did make some construction changes. The pattern called for two back buttons, and this dress has only the one. I also did a blind stitch hem instead of a top stitch. The pattern also called for a two-piece front. Thinking that a center seam down the front just would look odd, I opted for cutting one front, on the fold. Of course, there is also a matching large hair bow. Granddaughter has let me know that she prefers her hair bows to be "really big", lol. 'Forgot to get a photo, but there is also an identical dress for her 18" dolls.

This pattern is definitely going to be used again, perhaps in a solid color fabric next time. Variety is the spice of life, right? The Pattern Difficulty Rating will be:

Fairly Easy


Blessings, Danice G.

3 comments:

Karrin Hurd said...

Cute dress and bow, love the fabric!

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

Very cute!! Love the fabric. My daughter hated when I would make 100% cotton dresses for M. She does not like to iron!! LOL

Danice G said...

Thank you Karrin and Brenda. My granddaughter loves this dress.