Thursday, July 25, 2019

For Janice 1964-2019

On behalf of our family, we wish to thank you all for all of the prayers for my dear twin sister, Janice. With a heavy heart, she passed peacefully about three hours ago. We still do not know why her health failed so suddenly, but only that there were several factors involved. She did have many health issues and walked on a rollator. Mother and I had spent the day with Janice (and her husband) in palliative care yesterday. My cousin and her husband drove us there, about two and a half hours away, as I still cannot drive due to the leg cast. It was removed the day before, but the foot is still sore. We had to roll me up from the parking deck to the room in a wheelchair, but Janice is so worth it. Janice was a Godly woman- always kind and caring. She and her husband had been married for nearly thirty-six years, and have two adult children and two grandchildren.

I had never considered that although we entered this world only five minutes apart, that we would likely someday not leave it together. So lost now. I do not know how to live without my twin sister. For sure, things will not be as bright. Again, thank you all so much for your love. It truly is helping us right now. Blessings.


Danice G.

8 comments:

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

I'm so sorry to hear this, Danice. It's probably tougher to lose a twin.

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

Danice,I am so sorry to hear about your sister, Janice. Please know you and your mom and all the family are in my thoughts and prayers for peace and comfort. Sending you big hugs.

Danice G said...

Thank you Nancy and Brenda. Yes, the "twin thing" makes it so much more difficult. Visitation is tonight and her funeral is on Saturday.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh my sweet friend, I am so sorry for your loss. I know how much you love her and have worried about her in the past few weeks. This is so sad and she was way too young to leave this world. I feel bad for you and your Mother especially. Give her my love and condolences. Take care of yourself too my friend. M sympathy to all of your family. With love, Diane

Danice G said...

Thank you Diane. I have been just remembering our childhood and everything up until now. Those precious memories will remain with me forever. Janice was my first and best friend, my twin sister.

Karrin Hurd said...

So sorry for your loss Danice. I will keep you and your family in my prayers

Danice G said...

Thank you Karrin. We got through the agonizing funeral on Saturday, and are now trying to put our lives back together. Many family members and friends are helping. You, my blogging friends, have also helped a lot. Your kindness and love will always be appreciated by mother and me.

Lisa J. said...

I'm so sorry to read about the loss of your twin sister Danice. You are in my thoughts and prayers.