Saturday, July 20, 2019

Jelly Roll Waves quilt: progress

'Finally got caught up. Here are my first eight quilt blocks for the Jelly Roll Waves QAL. Half way finished with all of the blocks for the baby size quilt. Made of a light grey cotton background, the green fabrics "waves" are a jelly roll that was on sale here locally. A few batiks from my stash were added in as well. Perfect, as my favorite color is green. My quilt will be called Pickle Waves. 'Thought that is a kinda cutesy name, isn't it? Everyone is using such a variety of gorgeous fabrics; solids, batiks and prints. Be sure to visit the link party at Busy Hands Quilts to see other people's quilt blocks.

~Linking-up with: Busy Hands Quilts' Jelly Roll Waves QAL: progress~



Danice G.

5 comments:

Karrin Hurd said...

Great group of greens!

Lisa J. said...

I love these greens Danice and I love your background fabric.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Pretty blocks, I love your greens!

Myra @ Busy Hands Quilts said...

Beautiful Pickle Blocks! I've never seen blocks with a row of stitching around the edges. Do you do this to secure seams?

Danice G said...

Thank you all. Yes, the row of stitching is to secure the seams.