Thursday, June 23, 2022

Here Comes the Sun Blog Hop

Here is my project for the Here Comes the Sun Blog Hop, hosted by Carol of Just Let Me Quilt. This is a little zippered bag, approx. 8 1/2" X 6 1/2". The sun is in the upper left top corner, and the design is abstract. The blues represent the ocean or river below. A popular iver is very near to my residence. As children, my twin sister and I used to picnic there often with our parents. 'Hope you all like my little bag. Read on to visit the other bloggers and see their wonderful projects.

Here is a list of the other bloggers and their projects. Please visit and comment if you wish. Many thanks to Carol for hosting this fun blog hop.

June 20- Creatin' in the Sticks, Becky’s Adventures in Quilting and Travel, Elizabeth Coughlin Designs, For The Love Of Geese, That Fabric Feeling

June 21- Moose Stash Quilting, Inflorescence, Ms P Designs USA, Quilting Gail, Vroomans Quilts

June 22- Samelia's Mum, Beaquilter, Karrin’s Crazy World, Selina Quilts, Scrapdash

June 23- Quilt Doodle Designs, Patchouli Moon Studio, Karen's Korner, Homespun Hannah's Blog- you are here!, Days Filled With Joy

June 24- Just Let Me Quilt, Vicki’s Crafts and Quilting, Quilted Delights, Quilt Schmilt, Lynn's Blog, Kathy's Kwilts and More

Blessings, Danice G.

18 comments:

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

A pretty zipper pouch is always useful and having a pop of sunshine on it can't hurt. Nicely done.

lynn said...

This is indeed a sunny bag Danice. It has a clean positive vibe, and the lined you have quilted echo this for me. I like it a lot.

Calicojoan said...

Very cute. I Love the abstract look!

Elizabeth Coughlin said...

Your bag is really lovely and definitely represents the sun and water!

For the love of geese said...

So cute, I have coin bags on my to-do list but just haven't found the time.

Carol Swift said...

Such a perfect project for this hop...sunny and pretty! I love the colors you chose to depict the sun and water. Great project, Hannah, and thank you for sharing it with us!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Cute pouch and I love the abstract and what it represents.

Sharon said...

Wonderful little bag! Thanks for sharing.

Karrin Hurd said...

Lovely pouch, I love the abstract look and your color choices!

Vicki in MN said...

I like your creativity with you fun new bag.

Quilting Gail said...

Love your bag!

Karen's Korner said...

You have definitely captured the sun and river in your pretty zip pouch.

Danice G said...

Thank you all so much. Everyone's projects look wonderful.

Danice G said...

You are welcome. Your blog hops are always a ton of fun.

Carla said...

Abstract is always a winner for me. Love it!

Carol Andrews said...

Danice your sweet pouch is a perfect sunny project. Love the abstract idea and hearing a story from your childhood.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Such a pretty little bag! Great for the blog hop! xx

Leah said...

Nice bag. I love the story behind it.