Friday, June 10, 2022

Mini Barn Quilt: completed!

Hello friends! This is another quilt that I wanted to make for a long time. The bright vivid colors are what is so eye-catching. This little quilt also is made of scrap fabrics, which is a goal this year (less fabric buying). Keep reading to see the back of this little quilt.
Here is the back of the Mini Barn Quilt. Yes, I did have to purchase a bit more of this fabric, but the entire top and binding are from my scrap stash. There are some actual barn quilts painted on old barns in our area, and I absolutely love them all. So this pattern was a must-do. The pattern is designed by Megan Pitz of: Canoe Ridge Creations.com, and is titled Modern Barn Mini Quilt. Now on to the stats:

♦ dimensions: 26" square

♦ fabrics: 100% cotton fabrics, most from my stash

♦ backing: pale aqua with tossed multi-colored mini triangles print

♦ batting: Warm N' Natural©

♦ quilting: machine-stitched walking foot outlines in matching thread colors

♦ binding: pale solid grey, machine and hand-stitched

♥ Completed WIP/UFO quilts in 2022: 4 ♥


Blessings, Danice G.

6 comments:

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

This is really cute, Danice!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How beautiful! I would definitely like smaller projects if I quilted. I know I should try to make a doll quilt but I like doing my journals more right now. Happy summer!

Prims By The Water said...

Oh this reminds me of the painted barn quilts I see on the back roads. Love your version! So sweet. Janice

Mary said...

Gotta Love a Barn Quilt! I want to make a Quilt with the Pattern of the Barn Quilt I got for Christmas.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

What a cute design! Just like a barn quilt!!! Love your colorful happy colors, too, Danice!!!

Danice G said...

Thank you all. I do love this little quilt so much.