Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Completed: Coins baby quilt

Wow, I actually finished a complete quilt! This little coins quilt is for my niece and her husband's new daughter. She is due around the 21st of December. There are two more rows of coins that don't show in the photo. The quilt has already been gifted at their baby shower/tea on 10th November. Here are the quilts'stats:

♦finished size: 36" X 40", and is a good crib size. All fabrics are 100% cottons.

♦backing: white with a pink damask print | binding: solid white

♦batting: Warm N' White©

♦machine quilting: free-motion meandering.

This Coins quilt was a pleasure to make for my niece and her husband's arriving baby. To see this quilt's backing, please continue reading.

The coins baby quilt has a backing of white with a pink damask print. My twin sister, the proud grandmother of the soon-to-be-born baby, chose the backing color. Congratulations to the proud parents. Don't you just love sewing/quilting for new babies?

~Linking-up with Kelly at: My Quilt Infatuation: Needle & Thread Thursday~



Danice G.

10 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love it...the backing is beautiful too. It's just perfect for a newborn. I used to love making crochet blankies for the new babies in my church years ago! Sweet hugs!

Createology said...

Hello Danice and thank you for visiting my blog. I am reviewing your posts I missed and you have been very busy in your sewng studio. This baby quilt is beautiful. Merry Christmas and Blessings for all of 2018...<3

Danice G said...

Thank you Diane. My niece is due very soon :)

Danice G said...

Thank you Sherry. Merry Christmas wishes to you also :)

Prims By The Water said...

What a wonderful gift that will be cherished for a long time! Congrats to the new parents to be. Janice

Danice G said...

Thanks Janice. I hope the quilt will be kept for many many years.

My Tata's Cottage said...

Oh my goodness, I am in love! What an awesome gift! You are so very talented. This is beautiful. THat little baby will love this her entire life. It is a gift no one can duplicate. HUGS

Danice G said...

Thank you Anne. I love making the babies in our family each a blanket. This new little girl is due any day now.

Angie in SoCal said...

A lovely baby quilt!

Danice G said...

Thanks Angie. My niece and her husband love the quilt. The baby is now soon five months old.